Vertebrates: Sleeping Beauty Transposon for Efficient DNA Delivery into Wide Array of Cells
Sleeping BeautyTM Transposon
The Sleeping BeautyTM (SB) Transposon System is a highly efficient and extensively tested system for inserting DNA of interest into chromosomes for high level, long-term gene expression. The SB system involves a “cut and paste” transposon system and can be used for the efficient delivery of DNA to a wide range of cells, including cultured mammalian cells, mouse embryos, primary cells, and embryonic cells.
|MN-IP Try and Buy|
|This technology is available via a standard negotiated license agreement. Please contact us for specific details.|
Gene Therapy Among Potential Applications
- Large scale gene disruption/mutagenesis
- Stable gene transfer into cultured cells, primary cells, stem cells
- Generation of transgenic animals, such as mice, rats & rabbits
- Expression cassette for gene therapy
Non-viral Vector Provides Efficient Chromosome Integration
The Sleeping BeautyTM Transposon is a non viral vector, thus eliminating the safety concerns surrounding viral sequences. The SB is a simple, yet robust system, containing two plasmids that are easy to work with and have been found to be successful in a wide array of both cultured cells as well as transgenic animals. This transposon system also provides efficient chromosome integration while providing long-term expression of target genes.
BENEFITS OF THE SLEEPING BEAUTYTM TRANSPOSON SYSTEM:
- SB is a simple, robust system of two plasmids that are easy to work with
- Non viral vector, eliminating the safety concerns surrounding viral sequences
- “Cut and paste” transposon method
- Provides efficient integration in chromosomes
- Long-term expression of target genes
- Versatile—works both cultured cells as well as transgenic animals
|PubMed ID # 12842434, 15133768|
Researchers: Perry Hackett, PhD Professor, Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development, College of Biological Sciences
swap_vertical_circlecloud_downloadSupporting documents (0)Additional files may be available once you've completed the transaction for this product. If you've already done so, please log into your account and visit My account / Downloads section to view them.