Nutrition Data System for Research – Nutritional Analysis Software
Nutrition Research Database Provides Nutrition Reports for Foods and Supplements
Nutrition Data System for Research (NDSR) is a Windows-based nutrition analysis program designed for the collection and analyses of 24-hour dietary recalls, food records, menus, and recipes. Calculation of nutrient intake occur immediately providing data per ingredient, food, meal, and day in report and analysis file formats. The software includes a dietary supplement assessment module so that nutrient intake from both food and supplemental sources may be captured and quantified.
FEATURES OF NUTRITION DATA SYSTEMS FOR RESEARCH SOFTWARE:
- Streamlined data entry and food coding: Dietary intake data gathered by interview is entered directly into NDSR. The software searches for foods and brand products by name. Sophisticated search algorithms locate the food (e.g., fried egg), and interview prompts standardize requests for more detail (e.g., type of fat used in frying egg). The coding of foods and their variable ingredients and preparation methods occurs as data are entered, with calculation of nutrients occurring immediately.
- Comprehensive, complete, and current database: The NCC Food and Nutrient Database serves as the source of food composition information in the program. This database includes over 18,000 foods, including 7,000 brand name products. Ingredient choices and preparation method options in NDSR provide more than 160,000 food variants. Values for 169 nutrient, nutrient ratios and other food components are generated from the database. Also, food group assignments (e.g., servings of fruit, vegetables, etc.) are provided. The database is updated annually to reflect marketplace changes and new analytic data.
- Dietary supplement assessment module: Dietary supplement use may be assessed in conjunction with collection of in-person or telephone 24-hour dietary recalls using the Dietary Supplement Assessment Module included in NDSR. Use of all types of dietary supplements and non-prescription antacids are queried in the module. The database linked with the module includes over 2,000 dietary supplement products. A 'missing product' feature in the software allows the user to add products to the database.
- User support: A variety of support services are available, including software and technical assistance (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CT), a comprehensive user manual, and training and certification.
- Broad applications: NDSR is licensed by hundreds of organizations including universities, research institutes, food companies, and medical centers (Client List). It is used as a research tool in an array of nutrition-related studies (Publication List).
Visit the Nutrition Coordinating Center for more information about the Nutrition Data System for Research, including detailed features of the software and database, license options, support service, training workshops and certification.
Researchers: Nutrition Coordinating Center,Improving nutrition apps with high-quality research data,Nutrition Database Video [MP4]
swap_vertical_circlecloud_downloadSupporting documents (0)Additional files may be available once you've completed the transaction for this product. If you've already done so, please log into your account and visit My account / Downloads section to view them.