Multi-compartment Biopsy Syringe
Independent compartments; hand pump for expelling
Collect multiple samples in independent chambers using a novel multi-compartment syringe designed for fine needle aspiration (FNA) for lymph node and nodule/mass biopsies. The design features independent compartments within the syringe and a hand pump mechanism to expel contents of each chamber independently. This device eliminates the need for multiple syringes during a single procedure. It is envisioned to be an add-on to commercially available FNA needles.
More efficient and ergonomic
At present, EBUS and EUS procedures require three separate syringes, which is both time consuming and inefficient. This new device fits current FNA needles used for these procedures and offers a more efficient and ergonomic means of collecting and expelling needle contents.
Phase of Development
- Prototype developed.
- Reduces number of syringes required for nodule/mass biopsy procedure
- More efficient biopsy procedures
- Multi-compartment syringe features independent compartments
- Hand pump expels syringe contents
- Fits current FNA needles
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA)
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Procedures involving aspirating and expelling contents
|Interested in Licensing?|
|The University relies on industry partners to further develop and ultimately commercialize this technology. The license is for the sale, manufacture or use of products claimed by the patents. Please contact us to share your business needs and licensing and technical interests in this technology.|