Food and Nutrient Database for Application Development and Nutrition Research
Nutrition Coordinating Center Food Database
The Nutrition Coordinating Center (NCC) Food and Nutrient Database is a premier database relied on heavily by the scientific community and app developers. It is comprehensive, with close to 18,000 foods including 7,000 brand name food products, menu items available at 23 leading restaurants, and an array of ethnic foods. With 166 nutrients, nutrient ratios, and other food components the NCC database is larger than any other research quality food and nutrient database. It is kept current with the marketplace, with a new version released annually.
FEATURES OF THE NCC FOOD AND NUTRIENT DATABASE:
- Contains more foods and nutrients than other research quality databases (comparison table).
- Comprehensive - almost 18,000 foods including 7,000 brand name products, menu items available at 23 leading restaurants, and an array of ethnic foods.
- More nutrients and other food components than any other research quality food and nutrient database - 166 nutrients, nutrient ratios and other food components.
- Complete - almost no missing data entries for nutrient values.
- Current - ongoing additions and updates to foods and nutrients in it, with a new release annually.
Visit the Nutrition Coordinating Center for more information about the NCC Food and Nutrient Database.
Researchers: Nutrition Coordinating Center,Improving nutrition apps with high-quality research data,Nutrition Database Video [MP4]
swap_vertical_circlecloud_downloadSupporting documents (0)Additional files may be available once you've completed the transaction for this product. If you've already done so, please log into your account and visit My account / Downloads section to view them.