Fast 3-dimensional reciprocal space imaging with laboratory X-ray diffraction: RSLab
A software that adds fast 3D reciprocal space imaging capabilities to laboratory X-ray diffractometers with 2D detectors.
Technology No. 2021-290
IP Status: Copyrighted
- Software for X-ray diffractometers
Researchers at the University of Minnesota have developed an innovative X-ray diffraction software that adds new analytical capabilities to commercial laboratory X-ray diffractometers equipped with 2-dimensional detectors. The software significantly enhances capabilities of compatible laboratory X-ray instruments, enabling research usually requiring access to synchrotron facilities. This software introduces the following new functions:
- Construct detailed 3-dimensional reciprocal space maps from multiple detector images,
- Perform wide reciprocal space mapping magnitudes faster than using traditional measurements
- Computationally emulates traditional measurements after experiments.
Key Features of RSLabTM
- Drastically improves capabilities and efficiencies of laboratory X-ray diffractometers via software without requiring any changes to the hardware
- Simplify experiment procedures
- 1D, 2D and 3D data analysis seamlessly integrated into a graphical user interface (GUI) program that run on laptop and desktop PC
- Automatic and semi-automatic data analyses
- Explore data and emulate scans after experiments
Software Specifications and System Requirements
Language: .p code (MATLAB code) or .exe windows executable. Matlab or Matlab runtime (MCR) is required to run RSLab.
- Guichuan Yu, PhD Staff scientist, Characterization Facility; Imaging analyst and consultant, Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
- Javier Garcia Barriocanal, PhD X-Ray Scattering (XRS) Specialist, Characterization Facility
Hardware: Software configuration needs to be compatible with Hardware. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for technical questions on this.
Phase of DevelopmentTRL: 7-8 Software will be available for download. Please inquire with Dr. Guichuan Yu (email@example.com) for instrument compatibility and customization before download.
How to Download?This technology is now available for licensing. Interested non-profit organizations may download and use the software free of charge by executing the license agreement provided on the right panel. Please contact us for commercial needs.
swap_vertical_circlecloud_downloadSupporting documents (0)Additional files may be available once you've completed the transaction for this product. If you've already done so, please log into your account and visit My account / Downloads section to view them.