Advance Ergonomic Desk
A fully electric standing desk that is optimized for improved ergonomics, mobility, and collaboration needs of home office users.
- Office / home office furniture
Key Benefits & Differentiators
- Fully electric design with integrated battery and controls
- Modular architecture: easy to scale up or down the overall design
- Height and tilt adjustment for optimal posture adjustments
- Cord-free, easy cable management, and no extension wire needed
- Self sustainable design with solar integration (option)
- Fail safe design, safe operation, and improved stability design features
- Customization capabilities to optimize for various users’ needs
- Self-aligning features for interchangeability, installation, and maintenance
The projected market size of the Desks & Table segment of the Office Furniture market in 2025 is set to be $3-4 billion in the US alone. Increased awareness towards negative effects of a sedentary work environment has fueled the adaptation of standing desks. While standing desks have created a sizable improvement in user health and work-satisfaction, currently available models have several drawbacks: heavy, not portable, requiring power source, minimal customization. Researchers at the University of Minnesota have developed a portable, fully electric standing desk that is optimized for improved ergonomics, mobility, and collaboration needs of home office users and various other applications. The cord-free design of this desk enables user mobility - users can walk over to a colleague without leaving their workstation. With integrated robotics, users can wirelessly control, and even summon the desk. Integrated advanced technologies improves productivity, flexibility, convenience, and collaboration.
Phase of Development
Prototypes developed and tested.
This technology is now available for:
- Sponsored research
Please contact our office to share your business’ needs and learn more.