College of Liberal Arts Career Readiness Tools and Resources
The University of Minnesota-College of Liberal Arts is providing access to a suite of tools and resources specifically designed to support the unique career needs of liberal arts students to help them understand and articulate how their education gives them a career advantage.
- The CLA Core Competency Framework, Graphics, Career Readiness Guide are resources needed to help liberal arts institutions implement a framework that helps students articulate the value of their education in a language employersCareer readiness and others understand.
- RATE™: A digital self-assessment tool that helps liberal arts students recognize the value of career readiness experiences within their courses and co-curricular activities.
Career Readiness Tools and Resources
Liberal arts students question the investment in their education because the connection between their education and future career is not directly apparent. Faculty and instructors want to help students but lack the required pedagogy and framework to be successful. Higher education and liberal arts institutions largely leave this process to chance.
Faculty and staff at the University of Minnesota have developed the CLA Core Competency Framework, Graphics, the Career Readiness Guide, and the RATE™ - Reflect, Articulate, Translate, and Evaluate digital tool.
Phase of DevelopmentTRL: 9
Fully developed and available for students and faculty.
Desired PartnershipsThis technology is now available for:
- Sponsored research
Please contact our office to share your business’ needs and learn more. Please refer to the attached Description of Services for Implementation and Technical Requirements of RATE™ document for details pertaining to the licensing of access to the RATE system.
|Please refer to the "Preview Terms" on each license to go through the specific agreement related details.|
- Ascan F. Koerner, PhD Professor & Associate Dean, College of Liberal Arts
- Colin McFadden, Technology Architect, College of Liberal Arts
- Judith Anderson Director of Career Readiness, College of Liberal Arts
swap_vertical_circlecloud_downloadSupporting documents (1)Additional files may be available once you've completed the transaction for this product. If you've already done so, please log into your account and visit My account / Downloads section to view them.