Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness Geologic Maps
Detailed BWCAW maps offer geology information
New, detailed geologic maps of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW) include lakes, campsites, portages, trails and altitude maps. These new maps are color-coded based on bedrock geology and include a complete geologic legend and printed summaries of the geology. The maps, provided to publishers as print-ready Adobe PDF or editable Illustrator files, would be a valuable resource to the general public, especially those canoeing within the BWCAW area. The geologic information detailed on the maps is based on a small subset of the “Detailed Bedrock Geological Geographic Information System (GIS) of Minnesota”.
Phase of Development
- Maps available in print-ready Adobe PDF format or as editable Illustrator files.
- Detailed geologic maps of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW)
- Maps include lakes, campsites, portages, trails and altitude maps
- Color-coded based on bedrock geology; complete geologic legend and summary of the geology provided
- Canoers, wilderness guides