MNSight App for Landscape and Geological Data (20180150)
Provides soil, geology and bedrock data for all of Minnesota
MNSight is a mobile app (iOS and Android) for visualizing landscape and geological data. MNSight allows users to explore details of Minnesota's statewide Lidar topographic dataset anywhere in the state. Users can tap anywhere on the map within Minnesota to get information about the soil, glacial geology, depth of the bedrock below the land's surface, and types and ages of the bedrock in that location. The app can also provide instant information about any current GPS-determined location.
Uses trusted resources
MNSight uses landscape and geological data from the Minnesota Geological Survey and MN Department of National Resources. Elevation maps are provided by MnTOPO, a collaborative effort between the Minnesota Information Technology (MN.IT) @ Minnesota Department of Natural Resources and MN.IT @ Minnesota Geospatial Information Office (MnGeo). Subsurface information is provided by MN DNR's “What's Under Your House?” app using original data from Minnesota Geological Survey and the US Dept. of Agriculture compiled and generalized by the DNR.
- Allows users to explore details of Minnesota's statewide Lidar topographic dataset
- Provides instant information about GPS-determined locations
- Data available for any location in Minnesota
- Mobile app (iOS and Android)
- Provides information about soil, glacial geology, depth of bedrock, and types and ages of the bedrock in any location within Minnesota
- Visualizes Minnesota landscape and geological data
- Landscape and geological data from the Minnesota Geological Survey and MN Department of National Resources
- Elevation maps from MnTOPO
- Subsurface information from MN DNR
- Exploring Minnesota's statewide Lidar topographic dataset
Desired PartnershipsThis technology is now available for:
- Sponsored research
Please contact TLO to share your business’ needs and learn more.
Researchers: Shane Loeffler, PhD, Earth Sciences