Bon App French Pronunciation App (20180165)
Helps French learners identify pronunciation errors
Bon App is a French pronunciation app designed to help train a learner’s ear to hear and identify errors in their French pronunciation. The app addresses the most important aspect in improving French language accuracy: allowing speakers to hear their errors. The most difficult French phonemes for native English speakers are presented in various phrases. Users first listen to a native male or female speak the phrase and then record their own attempt at the phrase. Playing back their own voice next to the native speaker helps users learn to identify errors in their own pronunciation. The app currently uses the version of French most often taught in classrooms, with more French accents to be added in the future.
- Compares student’s pronunciation to a native speaker’s
- Helps users identify their pronunciation errors
- Uses French accent most often taught, with more accents to be added in future
- French pronunciation app
- Helps users hear and identify errors in their French pronunciation
- Presents the most difficult French phonemes for native English speakers
- Users listen to a native voice speak the phrase, then record their own attempt for comparison
- French language
- Schools, universities, language schools
- French speaking
Desired PartnershipsThis technology is now available for:
- Sponsored research
Please contact TLO to share your business’ needs and learn more.
Researchers: Pete Willemson, PhD, Associate Professor, Computer Science, University of Minnesota, Duluth
swap_vertical_circlecloud_downloadSupporting documents (0)Additional files may be available once you've completed the transaction for this product. If you've already done so, please log into your account and visit My account / Downloads section to view them.