Human Whole-Body Imaging at 7T
Body Coils for Whole-Body MRI at 7T
A progressive series of five new coils make practical human cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and spectroscopy (MRS) possible for the first time at 7T.
- The first coil solves problems of transmit-field inefficiency and inhomogeneity for heart and body imaging, with a close-fitting, 16-channel TEM conformal array design with efficient shield-capacitance decoupling.
- The second coil progresses directly from the first with automatic tuning and matching, an innovation of huge importance for multi-channel transmit coils.
- The third coil combines the second, auto-tuned multichannel transmitter with a 32-channel receiver for best transmit efficiency, control, receive sensitivity and parallel-imaging performance.
- The final two coils extend the innovative technology of the first three coils to multi-nuclear (31P—1H) designs, making practical human cardiac imaging and spectroscopy possible for the first time at 7T.
Cardiac MRI Applications
MRI and MRS at 7T have great potential as tools for imaging and spectroscopic detection of cardiovascular diseases, yet there are currently no means available for practical 7T cardiac MRI and MRS. This new technology solves this problem by applying MR techniques to the heart.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES:
- Human cardiac MRI/MRS at 7T
- Close-fitting, 16-channel TEM conformal array design with efficient shield-capacitance decoupling
- Automatic tuning and matching
- Best transmit efficiency, control, receive sensitivity and parallel-imaging performance
- Applies MR techniques to the heart
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- Human whole-body imaging
- Cardiac imaging
- Transmitting and receiving radio-frequency signals suitable for MRI and/or MRS
Phase of Development - Proof of Concept
|Interested in Licensing?|
|The University relies on industry partners to scale up technologies to large enough production capacity for commercial purposes. The license is available for this technology and would be for the sale, manufacture or use of products claimed by the issued patents. Please contact us to share your business needs and technical interest in this whole body MRI technology and if you are interested in licensing the technology for further research and development.|