Online Learning Modules Teach Holistic Medicine and Complementary Alternative Therapies
Online instructional modules teach complementary therapies and holistic medicine in a timely and relevant method. The modules are written and reviewed by experts from the University of Minnesota Schools of Nursing, Pharmacy, and Medicine and the Center for Spirituality and Healing, which has a national reputation for its research and education on complementary therapies and holistic medicine practices. The online learning modules present unbiased information on alternative medicine to western medical practitioners.
Teaching Complementary and Alternative Medicine to Healthcare Professionals and Students
The online learning modules are valuable to practitioners, pharmacists, nurses, students, faculty, and patients, providing reputable resources and information in the field of complementary alternative medicine, which has continued exposure and popularity. The online learning modules can be used as a tool to educate health care professionals and students about holistic healing approaches. The online learning modules are also a convenient and easy way to fulfill CEU requirements. The content of each module meets competencies required for accredited medical, nursing, and pharmacy courses. Each module takes between 1.5 and 3.5 hours to complete.
Online Learning Modules for Alternative Complementary Medicine
Visit the University of Minnesota's Center for Spirituality & Healing to view these modules.
- Overview to Complementary Therapies & Healing Practices
- Introduction to Botanical Medicines
- Introduction to Clinical Hypnosis
- Introduction to Healing Touch
- Spirituality in Healthcare
- Introduction to Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Clinical Aromatherapy
- Culture, Faith, Traditions, and Health
COMPLEMENTARY ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE ONLINE LEARNING MODULE FEATURES:
- Convenient - learning modules are completely online, easy to use, and can be completed in less than four hours.
- Meet CEU Requirements - each module meets the desired competencies and learning objectives for medical, nursing, and pharmacy students.
- Effective Use of Multimedia Platforms - information delivered as text, audio, graphics, animation, video, and hyperlinks is visual appealing and engaging for students.
- Unbiased Information - developed by experts and reviewed extensively by the University of Minnesota’s Center for Spirituality and Healing.
- Easy-to-Use Interface - content is organized by topic for easier learning, also supplemented by games to reinforce learning.