Progressive Presbyopia Optical Lens Design Software
The Progressive Presbyopia Optical Lens design software quickly and efficiently calculates the optimal power distribution for progressive optical lenses for presbyopia patients. The software’s efficiency and ease of use provides the possibility to explore design space and create unique, patient-specialized lenses. This software advances optical engineering, by designing a lens surface in seconds. A variation in approach to lens design applies approximation methods using a spherical base. The Progressive Presbyopia Optical Lens design software has specialized boundary conditions for partial differential equations that are satisfied by the surface.
|MN-IP Try and Buy|
Optical Engineering Advancement
The Progressive Presbyopia Optical Lens software was developed for optical engineering to solve the elliptic partial differential equation and design optimized lenses for Presbyopic patients. Presbyopia affects a large number of people over the age of 40 and is caused by the loss of accommodative power of the eye. As a person ages, the eye exhibits a progressively diminished ability to focus on close objects. Single vision reading glasses correct this problem, but only for nearby objects. The most common solution is bifocal or trifocal lenses. The problem with these lenses is the “jump” in the image as the eye moves from far-distance to near-distance objects. An optical engineering software advancement, Progressive Presbyopia Optical Lens software, solves this problem by using an optimization principle, based on linearization and represents the lens surface using special spline functions. The lens’ power progressively increases between the high-power and low-power region of the lens. This specialized lens surface provides an optimal power distribution for both near and distant vision, without the distracting line of a bifocal lens.
FEATURES OF PROGRESSIVE PRESBYOPIA OPTICAL LENS DESIGN SOFTWARE
- Easy-to-use interface--provides opportunities to explore lens design and minimizes lens aberrations
- Smooth progressive power surface—power progressively increases between the high-power and low-power regions of the lens (no line like in bifocals)
- Fast—optical engineering software quickly executes computations of lens designs and has the ability to evaluate many designs quickly.
- Accurate—computation is direct and non-iterative.
- Reduces optical lens aberrations—Progressive Lens Surface Design software minimizes the blurring from inaccurate power distribution