Nutrition Coordinating Center Food Database
The Nutrition Coordinating Center (NCC) Food and Nutrient Database is a premier database relied on heavily by the scientific community and app developers. It is comprehensive, with more than 18,000 foods including 8,000 brand name food products, menu items available at 23 leading restaurants, and an array of ethnic foods. With 165 nutrients, nutrient ratios, and other food components the NCC database is larger than any other research quality food and nutrient database. It is kept current with the marketplace, with a new version released annually.
FEATURES OF THE NCC FOOD AND NUTRIENT DATABASE:
- Contains more foods and nutrients than other research quality databases (comparison table).
- Comprehensive - over 18,000 foods including 8,000 brand name products, menu items available at 23 leading restaurants, and an array of ethnic foods.
- More nutrients and other food components than any other research quality food and nutrient database - 165 nutrients, nutrient ratios and other food components.
- Complete - almost no missing data entries for nutrient values.
- Current - ongoing additions and updates to foods and nutrients in it, with a new release annually.
Visit the Nutrition Coordinating Center for more information about the NCC Food and Nutrient Database.