|A validated instrument to assess the physical, psychosocial and emotional effects on patients suffering from peripheral artery disease.|
- Health related quality of life assessment in PAD patients.
- Research and clinical practice
Patient reported quality of life survey for PAD
PADQOL™ is a validated, peripheral artery disease (PAD)-specific quality of life (QoL) questionnaire that quantifies the subjective patient experience and impact of PAD on those living with this debilitating disease. This 38-item questionnaire can be used to assess the health-related quality of life pertaining to 5 broad factors:
- Social relationships and interactions (9 items)
- Self-concept and feelings (7 items)
- Symptoms and limitations in physical functioning (8 items)
- Fear and uncertainty (4 items)
- Positive adaptation (7 items)
- English - US
Licensees interested in translating the scale to other languages must 1) obtain an appropriate license to use the scale, 2) obtain a license to create translation ($0), and agree to share the new translated work with the University.
A license from the University of Minnesota is required to use the PADQOL™ for any purpose. From the options provided on this page, please choose the license that best matches your intended use. The Questionnaire and supporting materials will be available for you to download after online completion of license agreement and payment of fees (if applicable).
Please contact Andrew Morrow for questions related to licensing.
- The PADQOL: development and validation of a PAD-specific quality of life questionnaire. Vascular Medicine 17.6 (2012): 405-415.
- A patient‐derived perspective of health‐related quality of life with peripheral arterial disease. Journal of Nursing Scholarship 34.1 (2002): 55-60.