|A software for easy visualization of intracardiac electrograms on 3D heart models.|
Data visualization on patient-specific 3D heart models
Electrophysiologists use proprietary electroanatomic mapping systems from leading medical device manufacturers to visualize intracardiac electrograms mapped on to 3D models of the patient’s heart. While these proprietary systems are highly useful for obtaining detailed electrical activities and identifying sites causing arrhythmia, they suffer from drawbacks that prevent wider-adoption in non-clinical settings. In particular, commercial systems are too expensive and are not flexible, thereby impeding the development of novel data analysis techniques. In addition, these systems are not ideal for in-depth analysis and post-treatment evaluation in clinical settings.
To address this gap, researchers at the University of Minnesota have developed VIEgram - an adaptable software for processing, analyzing and visualization of electrophysiological data on patient-derived 3D heart models. VIEgram, short for Visualization of Intracardiac Electrogram, allows the user to readily visualize the analysis results of intracardiac electrograms obtained through conventional catheter mapping systems.
As VIEgram software is built on Python (for data handling) and MATLAB (for data processing, analysis and visualization), researchers have the freedom to easily modify the script to perform custom actions such as
- localized and region-specific inspection and analysis of iEGM data
- implement custom interpolation and analysis schemes
- integrate with CT/MRI data to incorporate fibrosis and scar data
- Easy to use visualization and mapping tool in non-clinical (academic) setting
- Timesaving as compared to that of proprietary mapping systems
- Allows to modify/add different analysis techniques
- Helpful visualizations for discussion in the clinical environment
- Helpful in characterizing internal heart anatomy to detect structural changes/anomalies
- Intracardiac electrograms (iEGMs) analysis
- 3D heart model visualization
- Catheter mapping
- Research and instructional uses
- OS: Mac, Windows or Linux
- Python 3.7.0 version or newer
- MATLAB 9.4(R2018a) version or newer
Phase of Development
Alpha version. The software is tested using atrial fibrosis patient data exported from CARTO mapping system.
Ready for Licensing
This software is now available for academic license! Please contact Leza Besemann to share your business’ needs and your licensing interests in this technology for all other purposes.