Highly effective inhibitor of solar UV-induced skin cancer
ADA-07 is a novel potent T-LAK cell-originated protein kinase (TOPK) inhibitor that effectively suppresses solar ultraviolet (SUV) induced skin carcinogenesis. The novel compound, 5-((1s, 3s)-adamantan-1-yl)-3-(hydroxyimino) indolin-2-one, directly inhibits TOPK, an upstream activator of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) cascades involved in inflammation, DNA damage and tumor development. Testing shows ADA-07 is a promising chemopreventive or potential therapeutic agent against SUV-induced skin carcinogenesis.
TOPK inhibitor may prevent and treat SUV-induced skin cancer
T-LAK cell-originated protein kinase (TOPK), an oncogenic protein involved in various cellular functions, is highly expressed in many cancers. While evidence suggests that inhibiting TOPK might be useful in cancer chemoprevention and treatment, very few effective TOPK inhibitors have been discovered. Targeting SUV-induced signaling could be an effective chemoprevention and chemotherapy strategy against skin cancer. ADA-07 is a T-LAK cell-originated protein kinase (TOPK) inhibitor that may prevent and treat SUV-induced skin carcinogenesis by directly targeting (inhibiting) TOPK.
Phase of Development
- In Vivo / animal studies
- Suppresses solar ultraviolet (SUV) induced skin carcinogenesis
- Promising chemopreventive or potential therapeutic agent
- T-LAK cell-originated protein kinase (TOPK) inhibitor
- Directly inhibits TOPK, an upstream activator of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)
- cascades involved in inflammation, DNA damage and tumor development
- Solar ultraviolet (SUV) induced skin cancer prevention and treatment
- Treatment of high risk cancer patients (i.e., immunosuppressed)
- Post-surgery applications to prevent recurrence
|Interested in Licensing?|
|The University relies on industry partners to scale up technologies to large enough production capacity for commercial purposes. The license is available for this technology and would be for the sale, manufacture or use of products claimed by the issued patents. Please contact Kevin Anderson to share your business needs and technical interest in this technology and if you are interested in licensing the technology for further research and development.|